Today sees the release of the latest album from Ernie Ball artists Avenged Sevenfold. AVENGED SEVENFOLD LIVE AT THE GRAMMY MUSEUM®, a special acoustic album recorded during the band’s recent sold-out show at the famed GRAMMY Museum® in downtown Los Angeles. Listen to the full set HERE and click HERE to see the band’s GRAMMY Museum® performance of “Roman Sky”.
Produced by Joe Barresi (Queens of the Stone Age, Tool, Nine Inch Nails) and the band, the digital-only release features unique renditions of new songs and classic tracks captured during the first-ever acoustic performance by the GRAMMY® nominated band. A portion of the album’s proceeds will benefit the education initiatives of the GRAMMY Museum®, which seek to inspire youth to the enduring qualities and cultural significance of music.
Presented as “An Evening with Avenged Sevenfold,” the October 19th event was held at the Museum’s Clive Davis Theater and featured an intimate conversation about the band’s career and new music, moderated by Los Angeles Times Pop Music Critic Mikael Wood. The interview followed a stunning acoustic performance from the band (backed by a string section) and saw the quintet (vocalist M. Shadows, guitarists Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance, bassist Johnny Christ and drummer Brooks Wackerman) discussing their latest release,The Stage. Last week, Avenged Sevenfold received a GRAMMY® nomination (their first ever) for “Best Rock Song” for that album’s title track, “The Stage.”
1) Opening (Live at the GRAMMY Museum®)
2) Introduction to “As Tears Go By” (Live at the GRAMMY Museum®)
3) “As Tears Go By” (Live at the GRAMMY Museum®)
4) Introduction to “Hail To The King” (Live at the GRAMMY Museum®)
5) “Hail To The King” (Live at the GRAMMY Museum®)
6) Introduction to “Roman Sky” (Live at the GRAMMY Museum®)
7) “Roman Sky” (Live at the GRAMMY Museum®)
8) Introduction to “Exist” (Live at the GRAMMY Museum®)
9) “Exist” (Live at the GRAMMY Museum®)
10) Introduction to “So Far Away” (Live at the GRAMMY Museum®)
11) “So Far Away” (Live at the GRAMMY Museum®)
On January 12, Avenged Sevenfold will launch their North American headlining tour at Bridgestone Arena in Nashville. For a complete list of tour dates, click HERE.
“The first time I ever picked up a guitar it was empowering, it was almost like a magical sword, pulling it from the stone and looking at it….at that moment my life was completely changed forever.” Ernie Ball artists Synyster Gates and Zacky Vengeance of Avenged Sevenfold discuss their beginnings with guitar, their love of playing, and their relationship with Ernie Ball. Synyster and Zacky play Ernie Ball Skinny Top Heavy Bottom PARADIGM electric guitar strings. Try a set.
Comments are closed.