UPDATE – Congratulations to Cage The Elephant, who won the Best Rock Album award for their Tell Me I’m Pretty record.
Additionally, Metallica performed “Moth Into Flame” from their new record Hardwired…To Self Destruct, featuring Lady Gaga sharing vocal duties. The performance was unfortunately affected by issues with James Hetfield’s microphone, which resulted in the singer/guitarist being visibly upset, knocking over his mic stand and throwing his guitar to the ground as they finished playing. Watch highlights from the performance for yourself below.
The 59th Annual GRAMMY Award nominees have been announced, and there are a great number of Ernie Ball artists among the nominees. As always, we’re as proud to be a part of the sound these world-class artists are known for as we are of each artist and their accomplishments.
We’ve put together this rundown for you, so that you can be just as excited as we are when they win. We’ll be updating this blog as the awards are presented to let you know if they’ve won.
Best Rock Album
- Panic At The Disco, Death of a Bachelor (Power Slinky, Hybrid Slinky and Not Even Slinky electric guitar strings)
- Blink-182, California (Super Slinky bass strings and Light Nickel-Wound Custom Gauge electric guitar strings)
- WINNER – Cage The Elephant, Tell Me I’m Pretty (Power Slinky electric guitar strings)
- Gojira, Magma (Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Slinky, Everlast 80/20 Bronze acoustic guitar strings)
Best Rock Performance
- Disturbed, “The Sound of Silence” Live on Conan O’Brien (Power Slinky 5 Bass strings)
Best Rock Song
- Metallica, “Hardwired” (Power Slinky M-Steel and Regular Slinky M-Steel electric guitar strings)
Best Metal Performance
- Gojira, “Silvera” (Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Slinky, Everlast 80/20 Bronze acoustic guitar strings)
Best Country Duo / Group Performance
- Dierks Bentley, “Different for Girls” (Regular Slinky RPS electric and Everlast Phosphor Bronze Medium acoustic guitar strings)
- Kenny Chesney, “Setting the World on Fire” (Regular Slinky RPS electric and Everlast Phosphor Bronze Medium acoustic guitar strings)
Best Traditional Blues Album
- Joe Bonamassa, Live At The Greek Theatre (Regular Slinky electric guitar strings)
Best Reggae Album
- Rebelution, Falling Into Place (Skinny Top Heavy Bottom Slinky and Flatwound Custom Gauge bass strings)
- SOJA, SOJA Live in Virginia (Regular Slinky electric guitar strings)
Best Spoken Word Album
- Elvis Costello, Unfaithful Music and Disappearing Ink (Super Slinky electric guitar strings)
Watch the awards show live tonight on ABC, and listen to some of the most popular songs from these nominees in this special Spotify playlist.
All of these GRAMMY Award nominated artists play Ernie Ball strings. Do you? Try a set.
Kirk Hammett of Metallica and Joe Bonamassa have been featured in episodes of Ernie Ball: String Theory, and Tom DeLonge (formerly) of blink-182 was featured in an episode of Ernie Ball: The Pursuit of Tone. Watch the full episodes of String Theory, as well as the trailer for Tom’s episode of The Pursuit of Tone, below: